to the Lifespan
Religious Education Program for Children, Youth and Adults at the Henry
Thoreau Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Ft. Bend County, TX!
While in some religious organizations Religious Education teaches
its primary purpose, ours is a different kind of religious education. We encourage participants to explore great
questions, as our faith helps them live with the answers they find -
wonder, deepening relationships and building community. Our
path for spiritual learning and liberal faith development.
If you are
Unitarian Universalism you may have questions about our Program and
you or your child or youth may experience. Rest assured that such
normal and no question should be left unasked. The R.E.
Committee members, teachers, minister and DRE Patti
Withers welcome your questions. A world of
discovery awaits. Please come be
a part of the journey!
for Children and Youth follows
Faith Development model that strongly encourages and supports
intergenerational participation. The congregation does not just have
educational programs; the church is an educational
program. Our comprehensive program reflects the value we place on
community and the idea that faith development is a shared journey.
classes or events are held on all Sundays when there are no
Services. Nursery and Childcare are
available every Sunday.
children and youth dress in casual clothes.
of all ages are always welcome to stay with their parents during the
services. Pipe cleaners are located at
the back of the sanctuary for anyone who prefers busy fingers.
of children and youth are expected to be on site during R.E., or
arrange for an
attending adult to be responsible for them.
Please click on the link below to see the
topics for this month's Religious Education classes.
Please contact our Director of Faith
Development, Patti Withers, at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have questions or would
like more information.
Heres what some of our children and youth have said about why they
come to TUUC:
- "I get spirituality here."
- "I can be more myself here."
- "The environment is more comfortable than school."
- "I can speak my mind without being looked at as being weird."
- "A lot of the people here are my best friends."
- "Even though I may not know you as well as my friends,I can tell
you things that I cannot tell my friends."
- "This is an opportunity for spirited intellectual discussions."
- "There is a diversity of personalities here -- I like the
- "I come to hang out."
- "I come for the check-in."
- "I enjoy being with you, hearing about your lives, and then going
- "This is a place to come back to."
- "People are nice and friendly."
- "This is a place to be with friends."
Contact us Â© 2009 . All rights reserved .